CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sleepy Head...

For the most part Owen likes to fight going to sleep at night. Last night was nothing new! We got him ready for bed around 7, fed him, did a little playing, and he began to yawn. So, we decided to go ahead and put him in the swing.

He stayed in the swing about 10 minutes eating his hand & looking around. After that, SCREAMING! It had been a little while since he had eaten, so I fed him & he fell asleep. Tony took Owen to his crib and we thought "lights out!" Yeah right...

After about 10 minutes he was crying...Tony goes and gets him and brings him downstairs. He is wide awake & smiling...nope, I'm NOT tired! I held him for a while & then sat down b/c he is getting heavy! The whole time this was going on we were trying to watch a movie. HaHa!

I noticed Owen was wet, so I changed his diaper on the ottoman like we always do. Well, while Owen is on the ottoman he cocks his head back to watch TV. I decided to let him stay on there after the diaper change b/c he was happy & still. I always put my foot in his gown so he can't go anywhere. After about 10 minutes I noticed he was still and not moving...Tony got up and he was watching the movie with us. Then another 5 minutes passed and I got worried and Tony got up to check on him and he was asleep. I had to take a picture b/c it was too cute.

I hardly ever allow Owen to watch TV...why?

  1. babies/kids shouldn't watch tv...if they do, maybe only 30 minutes a day
  2. I would rather play with him
  3. I would rather read to him
  4. It is a habit I don't want to start!

Others might like putting their child/baby in front of the TV, but I don't. Just our personal opinion. Kind of like I don't let Owen "CIO" cry it out at night to fall asleep. There is loads of research that says this is NOT a healthy practice.

Well, I am going to finish drinking my coffee, fix some oatmeal, take a shower, & enjoy this Sunday.

God Bless & Happy Blogging,

Sleepy Stephanie

1 comments:

Barbara said...

He's so cute! It makes me want to hold him! I am definitely going to need to see this little boy before school starts back up!